OCHS –The Beginning
On June 3rd, 1958 papers of Incorporation were filed to form the Orange County Humane Society. Mrs. Mary D. Douglas from Barbersville was the First Director. Along with her, three other ladies from Gordansville, Mrs. Elizabeth Bonynge, Mrs. Rita S. Anderson and Mrs. Cadee A. Rhett formed the Orange County Humane Society.
It’s purpose stated then was
“The Prevention of Cruelty to Animals”.
We are a volunteer organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for abandoned, injured and homeless animals in our community.